Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Family

My condolences to the Libramonte family for the loss of a loved one.


Made me think about my family and how long it's been since I've actually seen any of my blood relatives. I was fortunate enough to see and spend time with cousins Ate Tin & Pen when they had a mini vacation and came here back in October for Eunice's debut. I was also fortunate enough to see another cousin Kuya Carlo when he was here in the states for business back in Summer of 08'. Spent a couple of hours with him when his flight had a layover in LAX. Made me think about when my grandma from my mom's side died a few years back. My mom was devastated, and it really hit us hard. The worst thing was that she couldn't even go back to the Philippines for the funeral. Made me think about how long our family has been apart from relatives in the Philippines. The last time I saw cousins, aunties, uncles, and grandparents was way back in 2002 when we went to the Philippines before we moved here to LA.

When we lived in Singapore, we were separated from family in the Philippines but we would go back and forth for vacations and sometimes our grandparents would even stay with us for awhile. I guess it was easier back then because Singapore was only a 3 hour flight from the Philippines. Ever since we moved to California, my dad was the first one who was able to go back. He would go back almost every year since 2004 for our yearly mission trips and what not. My mom was finally able to go back with my dad in back in 2008. That leaves us 4 kids. We haven't seen our cousins, aunties, uncles, and the 2 remaining grandparents we have left. We never had the chance to meet our mom's dad, He went home long before any of us were born, before my parents were even married.

I miss my relatives. But I'm very thankful for all the people in my life. I'm thankful for Hope For The World where I've met people that I can consider family. I thank God for providing me with people that I can look up to. I'm thankful for friends, real friends that stick with me through it all. I'm thankful for all the love that I've felt throughout the years.
I am thankful for famILY.

1 comment: