Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Prayer&Fasting

So from Monday-Friday of this week there'll be prayer&fasting at church from 8pm-whenever.
I didn't go last night but I went tonight, & I was glad I did. I know that the purpose of the prayer&fasting is not for any reason of self, but I was just blessed from the experience, knowing that God receives our worship& hears our prayers. The fasting part is supposed to be a kind of self-discipline of the body so that our spirit overcomes our flesh- the part that makes one hungry. It's my first night of fasting this week so I guess it's normal to feel a bit hungry.

I know that we are praying& fasting for a purpose, to gear up and prepare for something big that is about to come. To gear up for battle, this spiritual battle just beyond the horizon. And as I'm writing this, the song "Battlecry" comes to mind. The more I listen to that song, the more I understand it. The first thing that caught my attention was of course the amazing drumming in the song, but beyond that, is the message, of being on the frontlines of a spiritual battle and calling out a warcry, a battlecry. I know everyone has their own personal battles, but I also believe that there are corporate battles that churches/ministries face. And I believe that it requires personal as well as corporate prayer& fasting in order to succeed.

Thank You Lord, Thank You for Your amazing promises, promises of healing, promises of provision, promises of guidance, promises of blessing, and even promises of discipline when necessary. Thank You Lord because You are, INDEED, Good.

1 comment: